The Big Launch Challenge is a joint venture between The Launch Place and the First Flight Venture Center designed to showcase technology-related business ideas in a highly competitive environment. The pitch competition includes awards totaling up to $32,000 for the winners. The challenge has a total of two rounds, plus a final LIVE event.
The Big Launch Challenge LIVE event is scheduled for 1:00 pm on October 10, 2017, at the Research Triangle Park Headquarters located at 12 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC.
Cash Award Breakdown:
- 1st Place $20,000
- 2nd Place $10,000
- Audience Choice $2,000 -- NEW this year
- Dough 4 Degrees
- PT Wired
- The Waggle Company
- The Wed Clique
- Stephen Clossick, Fund Manager, Triangle Angel Partners
- Bob Creeden, Managing Director, University of Virginia Seed Fund & New Ventures; Board Member, The Launch Place Seed Fund
- Jan Davis, Board Member, Angel Investor, Executive in Residence; Board Member, Chair, The Launch Place Seed Fund
- Paul Nolde, Director of Business Development, NRV.VC
- James Ramey, Principal and Fund Manager, Virginia Tech/Carilion Innovation Fund
The challenge is an annual event and offers startups valuable business networking and capital opportunities, as well as critical resources. The goal of The Big Launch Challenge is to foster entrepreneurship by offering education, team creation, mentorship, early-stage prototyping, and potential follow-on seed financing. Startups from the nanotechnology, green technology, alternative energy, advanced manufacturing, advanced materials, medical devices, and information technology industries are invited to apply for The Big Launch Challenge’s fourth year.
Learn more: http://www.thelaunchplace.org/2017-challenge