The Big Launch Challenge
$20,000 in Awards | LIVE Competition - September 11, 2019
NEW! This year the Big Launch Challenge is being held at the end of the Angel Capital Association’s (ACA) Southeast Regional meeting. The ACA, the world's largest professional organization for accredited investors, Southeast meeting will focus on angel investing through workshops and keynotes covering regional entrepreneurial ecosystem building, different models and structures of angel investing, the changing face of angels and investor networks, syndication across state lines and more.
The Launch Place, with offices in Danville, VA and Research Triangle Park, NC, will host its’ 6th annual pitch competition immediately following the ACA Southeast meeting. The goal of the Big Launch Challenge is to provide early-stage startups the opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors, and for The Launch Place Pre-Seed and Seed Fund to generate deal flow. The top 10 finalists will have 10 minutes to pitch their business plans to a panel of investor judges followed by a short question and answer block.
Competition winners will also receive access to several resources provided by The Launch Place including training, networking, and mentorship.
- 1st Place $15,000
- 2nd Place $5,000
- 6AM City - Redefining the local media landscape. Greenville, SC
- Hite Health Solutions - Innovation in feminine hygiene while serving women's health and wellness. Burlington, NC
- Intake - Health empowerment through automated preventive care. Raleigh, NC
- Kamana - Empowering healthcare employers to efficiently manage and fill critical staffing needs. Richmond, VA
- Microbial Biosensors, Inc. - New technology to rapidly detect bacterial contamination in food and animal feed. Durham, NC
- Muuktest - Helps software companies build products faster without armies of test engineers. Raleigh, NC
- Optimal Solar - Maker of the highest efficiency solar module. Durham, NC
- PureSurgery - Digital platform for optimizing patients before, during, and after surgery. Charlotte, NC
- Point 93 - Offers dynamic pricing and data exchange for the retail industry. Roanoke, VA
- VerusTitle - AI enabled processing of title insurance. Durham, NC
1:40pm Pitches 1-5
3:15pm Pitches 6-10
5:30pm Winners Announced
6:00pm Event Ends
Register to attend the Big Launch Challenge. It's free and open to the public.
The challenge is an annual event and offers startups valuable business networking and capital opportunities, as well as critical resources. The goal of The Big Launch Challenge is to foster entrepreneurship by offering education, team creation, mentorship, early-stage prototyping, and potential follow-on seed financing.
For additional information, contact Kelly Fitzgerald at email@example.com.